ProTrac is mainly aiming professional users from the theater and show industry.
It is an alternative to two-branch girders (ladders) as a substitute for load bars on prospect trains. ProTrac has high load reserves and high lateral stability.
ProTrac consists of a rectangular upper profile of extruded aluminium combined with a lower round aluminium tube or profile. Three types of lower profile can be connected to the upper profile:
- Tube with slot profile 48,3 mm
- Tube with slot profile 48,3 mm, with integrated rail filing for Helm 100 runner
- Tube with slot profile 60 mm,with integrated rail filing for Helm 100 runner
The lower profile connects to the upper profile with stud bolts. Suspension points for the Pro Trac components slide into the slot of the upper profile and are easily fixed, due to a lock and load system. ProTrac is a modular system.
Variable lengths can be connected via internal tubes, which are bolted into place. The connection of two lower profiles is placed under 45 degrees to guarantee flawless runner travel. ProTrac's profiles are black anodised and are furnished with rubber caps at the ends. The upper profile can be fitted with extra drilled holes of 50 mm (spaced 500 mm) to provide fittings for integrated electrical sockets.
- Only use pre-tensioned steel wires for the suspension of fly-bars
- Check the actual load on the fly-bar before the first movement
- Check the suspension of the load to the fly-bar before the first movement
- Make sure the fly path of loads or set pieces is not blocked
- Make sure you use the right type of sheave for your steel wires
- Only use tested and certified hardware
- Keep a written logbook
- Exceed the maximum allowable load given
- Cantilever the Pro Trac more as stated
- in the structural report
- Use damaged parts or suspension equipment
- The given allowable loading is for the complete ProTrac system, and is equal for 48,3 mm or 60 mm lower tube.
- The allowable loading is given for the Pro Traconly. In a complete system winch capacity and total length also have to be taken in account.
- The total weight of 2 point loads in 2 adjacent fields should not exceed the maximum allowable capacity of the suspension cable points.
Winch / Hoist capacity 750 kg. Length of ProTrac = 24 m.
Self weight Pro Trac= 216 kg.
Free loading capacity= 750 kg - 216 kg= 534 kg.
Point loads: 2 x point loads of 267 kg. Max. Uniformly distributed load = 534/24 = 22,3 kg/m1.