A stereo version of the PPB20 is also available. Instead of having one microphone and one line input the stereo version has two line inputs.
The first input is split on to the upper row of outputs i.e. on to the odd channels whereas the second line input is split on to the lower row of outputs, i.e. the even channels.
The Press Patch Box is a special kind of audio signal distributor intended for use at press conferences. It features separate inputs for microphone and line signals (from a mixing console output).
A high quality input amplifier with a transformer balanced input provides a wide dynamic range. A total of 20 transformer-balanced XLR/m outputs with separate paired driver circuits make it possible to connect up video cameras and other recording equipment.
The nominal output level is +4 dBu at 600 Î©. Channels 19 and 20 have TRS jack sockets for balanced/unbalanced signals and also phono sockets (-10 dBu nominal level).
Where more than 20 outputs are required, additional PPB 20s can be hooked up via a rear BUS IN/OUT socket. Signal monitoring is provided by a 10 LED strip displaying a range of -40 to +10 dB (0 dB in the display = 4 dBu output) and an adjustable headphones amplifier.
The PPB20 has an integral, shielded power supply unit. An extra DC input makes it possible to connect up a (backup) battery power source. A PW4 can provide the necessary backup power supply for two PPB20s.
- Transformer-balanced, 4 XLR/f sockets, with paired front/rear parallel connections for separate microphone/line signals.
- Nominal Input Impedances: Microphones 200 Î©, Line = 5 kÎ©
- Max. input levels: microphones = 0 dBu, Line = +20 dBu
- Max. amplification: microphones = +66 dB, Line = +22 dB (constantly adjustable via switch and potentiometer).
- 20 XLR/m, 2x TRS jack, 2x phono, all transformer-balanced and floating with separate ground lift switches at rear
- Nominal output impedances: XLR = 300 Î©, jack and phono = 600 Î©
- Nominal output levels: XLR = +4 dBu/20 dBu max.; jack/phono = -10 dBu, + 6 dBu max
- Headphones output: Stereo jack socket, with mono tip + ring, Designed for use with 8 Î© - 200 Î© headphones (constantly adjustable level).
- 10 LED strips displaying a range of -40 to +10 dB.
- Bus input/output (mono jack)
- Power Supply: 230 VAC or Â± 12 V to Â± 18 VDC, 15 Watts.
- Housing: 19'', 3 U, approx. 200 mm deep.