The Palmer PLB2X8 is a dual-channel, strictly reactive load (load box). A load box is a substitute for a speaker. It ensures that tube amps are connected to the correct load on the output, thus eliminating the risk of amplifier damage.
The PLB2X8 is a perfect addition to speaker simulators that do not have a built-in load (load box) (for example: PDI09, PGA05 and PDI05).
The PLB2X8 is also useful in conjunction with guitar amps that have a line out or filter out connection. In this case, the PLB2X8 permits silent operation of the amplifier with simultaneous use of the line/filter output.
- Type: passive
- Number of channels: 3
- Input type: unbalanced
- Number of inputs: 2
- Input connections: 6.3 mm jack
- Output type: unbalanced
- Controls: Mono / stereo mode
- Indicators: Signal present
- Load box impedance: 2 x 8 ohms / 1 x 16 ohms / 1 x 4 ohms
- Max. load: 2 x 100 W / 1 x 200 W
- Voicing filter: no
- Power attenuator: no
- Transformer-balanced inputs: no
- Transformer-balanced outputs: no
- Housing material: Sheet steel
- Housing surface: powder-coated
- Width: 480 mm
- Width: 19"
- Depth: 180 mm
- Height: 44,5 mm
- Height: 1 HU