The LD Systems DDQ Sub 212 is a powerful active subwoofer with two specially developed 12" bass speakers and digital signal processing, specially conceived for use in combination with the full-range speakers of the DDQ Series. It ensures deep bass reproduction in PA systems and can also be matched to the satellites/tops of other manufacturers.
The two woofers with 3" coils and neodymium magnets are driven by two 700-watt Hypex Class D power amplifier modules with a highly efficient switching power supply and a RMS output of 1400 watts. The DDQ Sub 212 attains a maximum sound-level pressure of 132 dB over a frequency response curve of 38 - 120 Hz.
The Sharc DSP programmed especially for the DDQ subwoofers has a large dynamic range of 127dB/113 dB (ADC/DAC) and handles frequency and phase correction in addition to providing extensive protection functions for reliable operation. Its 1ms look ahead limiter provides for distortion-free reproduction even at maximum volume levels. Seven DSP Presets permit selectable crossover frequencies between 80 and 120Hz. Eight additional presets make it possible to realize cardioid configurations of 2 or 3 subwoofers, whereby it is possible to attain rear attenuation of up to 20dB. The inputs and outputs as well as the separate mono output with a 100Hz high-pass filter use Neutrik XLR sockets. Additional features are LED function indicators and a ground lift switch; the volume and preset encoders can be deactivated to prevent inadvertent adjustment.
The compact band-pass enclosure of the DDQ Sub 212 is made of 18mm thick multiplex with an extremely durable polyurethane finish. It is prepared for mounting of casters and features comfortable handles and two M20 threaded flanges.
- Type: active
- Version: DSP-controlled
- Woofer size: 2 x 12"
- Woofer size: 2 x 304.8 mm
- Woofer magnet: neodymium
- Woofer brand: custom made
- Woofer voice coil: 3 "
- Woofer voice coil: 76.5 mm
- Amplifier: Class D
- Power output (RMS): 2 x 700 W
- Frequency response: 38 Hz - 120 Hz
- Max. SPL (continuous): 124 dB
- Max. SPL (peak): 132 dB
- Protection: DSP-based "look ahead" limiter, RMS speaker limiter, RMS power supply limiter, short circuit, overvoltage
- Controls: Gain dB, DSP Preset, Ground Lift, DSP/Gain enable, Power
- Indicators: DSP/ Gain disable, Peak Limit, Signal, Operate
- Line inputs: 2
- Line input connectors: XLR
- Line outputs: 3 (2x Input Link, 1x Sat Out with 100Hz high-pass)
- Line output connectors: XLR
- Power supply: switching power supply
- Operating voltage: 180-264V ~ / 47-63 Hz
- Cabinet material: 18 mm plywood
- Cabinet surface: polyurethane
- Cabinet type: bass reflex
- Width: 420 mm
- Height: 620 mm
- Depth: 543 mm
- Features: 15 x DSP presets with 4 selectable cardioid setups and 7 selectable crossover frequencies (80-120Hz), 2 x threaded flange (M20), 3 x corner handles, prepared for mounting of casters